University of Pittsburgh
Visit the workshop website to sign up for announcements when applications open in Spring 2020.
See what happened at the 2019 Summer Workshop
College of William & Mary
What makes BioQUEST special?
The BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium (BQCC) is a transformative, collaborative community empowering Life Science educators to drive innovation in STEM education. We’ve been making a difference in STEM education since 1988. Read the
report from the Pulias Center for Higher Education.
Are you a BioQUEST supporter? BioQUEST is now registered with AmazonSmile, and can recieve donations based on your Amazon purchases. Just use this link to go to AmazonSmile and select BioQUEST as your recipient charity. Thanks!
Quantitative Undergraduate Biology Education
QUBES is a community of math and biology educators who share resources and methods for preparing students to use quantitative approaches to tackle real life biological problems.
The five major QUBES initiatives include:
- QUBES Consortium: coordinating the efforts and resources of disparate communities invested in promoting quantitative biology education;
- QUBES Faculty Mentoring Networks: supporting faculty understanding and implementation of specific quantitative biology concepts and teaching approaches;
- QUBES Hub: increasing the visibility, utility, and adoption of existing quantitative biology materials and the capacity for peer educator interaction;
- QUBES Metrics: quantifying and tracking faculty contribution to quantitative biology education scholarship; and,
- Implementation Research: studying and disseminating the features of QUBES that increase implementation success.
BioQUEST is one of the founding institutions of the QUBES project. QUBES is funded by the NSF.
Here’s what we’ve been up to recently!
- Opening the Pathway – an ATE conference held October 13-15 at Rochester Institute of Technology
- The BioQUEST 2019 workshop was held July 14-19 at the College of William and Mary
- The BioQUEST 2018 workshop was held June 18-23 at Harvey Mudd College
- The BioQUEST 2017 workshop was held July 23-28 at Michigan State University.
CURRENT PROJECTS and COLLABORATIONS Overview
- Opening the Pathway to Technician Careers: A Conference for Biology Teachers of Deaf Students
- Achieving Scale for STEM Reform
- BioQUEST Library (modules)
- BQ Summer Workshops
- CASE IT! (molecular bio)
- ESTEEM (math bio models)
- Investigative Cases Center
- NIE Singapore Science Ed (2012-2014)
- Numb3r5 Count (quantitative bio)
- OER Commons (resources)
- PEER 2012 (UTK Grads)
- Planting Science (K-12 research)
- Problem Spaces
- SCALE-IT (UTK faculty outreach)
- Science Case Network