BioQUEST has been offering the summer workshop experience for over 30 years. The experience is simultaneously invigorating and exhausting and creates a strong, supportive community of innovative educators. We invite you to join us for the 2018 workshop on wicked problems.
2018 Summer Workshop
June 18-23, 2018
Harvey Mudd College, CA
Subscribe here to receive updates on the Summer Workshop.
Quantitative Undergraduate Biology Education
QUBES is a community of math and biology educators who share resources and methods for preparing students to use quantitative approaches to tackle real life biological problems.
The five major QUBES initiatives include:
- QUBES Consortium: coordinating the efforts and resources of disparate communities invested in promoting quantitative biology education;
- QUBES Faculty Mentoring Networks: supporting faculty understanding and implementation of specific quantitative biology concepts and teaching approaches;
- QUBES Hub: increasing the visibility, utility, and adoption of existing quantitative biology materials and the capacity for peer educator interaction;
- QUBES Metrics: quantifying and tracking faculty contribution to quantitative biology education scholarship; and,
- Implementation Research: studying and disseminating the features of QUBES that increase implementation success.
BioQUEST is one of the founding institutions of the QUBES project. QUBES is funded by the NSF.
Here’s what we’ve been up to recently!
- The BioQUEST 2017 workshop was held July 23-28 at Michigan State University.
- The BioQUEST 2016 workshop was held June 20-25 at North Carolina State University
- The BioQUEST 2015 workshop was held June 13-20 at Harvey Mudd College.
Images from BioQUEST Workshops and Projects
CURRENT PROJECTS and COLLABORATIONS Overview
- Achieving Scale for STEM Reform
- BioQUEST Library (modules)
- BQ Summer Workshops
- CASE IT! (molecular bio)
- ESTEEM (math bio models)
- Investigative Cases Center
- NIE Singapore Science Ed (2012-2014)
- Numb3r5 Count (quantitative bio)
- OER Commons (resources)
- PEER 2012 (UTK Grads)
- Planting Science (K-12 research)
- Problem Spaces
- SCALE-IT (UTK faculty outreach)
- Science Case Network