Pecha Kucha (20X20) presentation style
Originated in Japan – designed as venue for architects and designers to exchange ideas.
Now a world-wide phenomenon. See web site for local Pecha Kucha nights (similar to open
- 20 slides
- 20 seconds per slide
- 6 min. 40 seconds total
- Automatically advanced
- Little text on slides (no bullet points)
- Presenter uses few or no notes
Why is Pecha Kucha good idea?
- No bullet points on the slides. Presenter cannot just stand and read bullet points to present.
- Little or no text. Images, particularly complex images take several seconds for viewers to
- process completely. Text distracts from this processing.
- Designed to inspire. You should feel a keen interest in the subject in order to inspire others.
- Most importantly … Because of the design, you must have real ownership of the material in order to present in this way.