We (Ethel and I) used the mulit-species comparison filter to look for orthologs between Wallabies and Humans that shared “visual perception” in the GO functional description. We came up with 184 genes that are widely distributed across the human chromosomes (see attached Excel file).
- If you are tired of boring presentation – Pecha Kucha style is the answer
- Tool for functional annotation
- Resources for connecting molecular genetics to evolution
- Adapting published research data into a bioinformatics module in an undergraduate biology major’s course
- Designing an introductory course for computational biology