We present workshops for faculty interested in addressing the gap between mathematics and its application in biological problem solving. To support the observation, experimentation and modeling of data, our Numbers Count workshops provide an introduction to data, tools, and curricular materials for use with undergraduates. We also address the lack of context that impedes learning.
Visit the workshop sites below to view the materials presented as well as the participant-generated curricular materials.
- BioQUEST Summer Workshop June 16-22, 2012
- SCALE-IT Faculty Workshop January 11-14, 2012
- BioQUEST Summer Workshop June 11-15, 2011
- Lane Community College Faculty Workshop April 1-2, 2011
- Central Virginia Community College Workshop March 19, 2011
- BioQUEST Summer Workshop June 2010
- Mass Bay Community College Faculty Workshop March 5-6, 2010
- Resources for the Oakwood University Faculty Institute August 2009
- Resources for the BioQUEST Summer Workshop June 2009
- Resources for the UTK Numbers Count Workshop May 2009
- Resources for the Numbers Count Workshop at Agnes Scott College January 2009
- Resources for the Botany and Plant Biology Workshop July 2007
- Resources for the BioQUEST Summer Workshop June 2007