We are pleased to announce a recently funded collaboration between BioQUEST and a host of Digital Library, Professional Society and Community College Partners. The Cyberlearning at Community Colleges (C3) Project is a 3-year effort to build a community of biology faculty who are actively exploring innovative uses of digital library materials, networked computing and communications technologies, and e-science resources.
The bulk of the project funding will support a series of face-to-face workshops for community college biologists. These meetings will be associated with the annual meetings of the C3 Scientific and Teaching Societies which include:
- National Association of Biology Teachers (NABT) annual meeting;
- American Society for Microbiology Conference on Undergraduate Education (ASMCUE);
- Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS) annual meeting;
- The BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium summer faculty development workshop; and,
- The Botanical Society of America (BSA) annual meeting.
The project activities are centered around an online community at c3cyberlearning.ning.com. These resources are open to all interested biology educators and we encourage you to visit and have a look around.