ATTN VISITORS: This site is no longer being updated. Please visit our current pages on qubeshub.org!
The BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium
The BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium, Inc. is a transformative, collaborative community empowering Life Science educators to drive innovation in STEM education in accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code.
- BioQUEST has a 35 year history of educational innovation emphasizing effective uses of inquiry, technology, and participatory models of curriculum development.
Recommended reading: Communities of Transformation and Their Work Scaling for STEM Reform, Adrianna Kezar and Sean Gerhke, 2015
More about BQCC history
Recommended reading: “Crossing the Chasm” of Curricular Reform: BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium Invites CAL-laboration CAL-laborate Volume 4 June 2000.
- We are involved in a wide range of projects and collaborations with diverse partnerships and audiences.
More information about BQCC Projects
Featured Projects: QUBES, Numb3r5 Count, SCALE-IT, NIE SummerWorkshops, and others.
- Our efforts in science education build on our commitment to engaging learners in a full spectrum of biological inquiry from problem posing, to problem solving and peer persuasion.
More information about the 3-P’s approach
Recommended reading: Peterson, N. and J. R. Jungck. March-April, 1988. Problem-Posing, Problem-Solving, and Persuasion in Biology Academic Computing, 2(6): 14-17 and 48-50.
- Many of our projects involve coordinating faculty development workshops that focus on strategies for bringing realistic scientific experiences into their classrooms and collaboratively developing curriculum projects.
- We support a core BioQUEST Staff who manage the day to day operation of the larger consortium.
More information about the staff
- One way to learn more about BioQUEST is to look at the following publications.
More information about publications
Featured publication: Donovan, Sam. September 2008. Big Data: Teaching Must Evolve to Keep Up with Advances. Correspondence. NATURE. Vol 455:25
We encourage you to get involved with the BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium.
- Become a member
Receive information on our annual summer workshop, join an interest group, and comment on blogs
BioQUEST members tend to keep active travel and presentation schedules. Take a look at our calendar and see where our paths might cross.
- You can support BioQUEST by selecting us as your charity on AmazonSmile.
- Contact us about a collaboration: Kristin.Jenkins@bioquest.org
If you are interested in bringing in some external science education or faculty development expertise, drop us a line. We consult on workshop planning, introducing technology for curricular development, and proposal writing with departments and organizations. We work on projects of all sizes.