BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium Faculty Workshop June 17-25, 2000
Developing Curricular Resources and Strategies for Introductory Biology Courses
The next BioQUEST Curriculum summer workshop will focus on change in the introductory biology courses. Participants will have the opportunity to experience, as a student would, the use of research strategies to pose and explore biological problems. These investigations will be built around the use of several BioQUEST modules including Genetics Construction Kit, Environmental Decision Making, BIRRD, Demography, EcoBeaker, Evolve, Wading Bird, and others. Materials developed collaboratively such as LifeLines Online cases and bioinformatics problems from the Workbench Users' group will also be featured.
The workshop will be held June 17 - 25, 2000 at Beloit College located near the border between Wisconsin and Illinois.
Please send a letter of application answering the following questions. Be sure to include your e-mail address and telephone number as well as your mailing address.
1. Have you used or reviewed any software published in volumes I-V of The BioQUEST Library?
2. What courses have you taught or are currently teaching?
3. Are you currently using lab, field or software investigations in introductory biology with your students that you would wish to share? Describe briefly.
4. What objectives for your introductory biology curriculum are you planning to pursue by attending this workshop? Please share any specific concerns and/or resources you feel would help address the workshop topic.
5. How do you anticipate sharing what you have learned at this summer workshop with colleagues?
6. Will you be needing travel support to attend the workshop?
Mail, e-mail or fax your application by the following dates to meet acceptance deadlines:
Department of Biology
Beloit College, Box 181
700 College Street
Beloit, WI 53511
Return to BioQUEST HomePage