Session #1 Exploring HIV change within and between patients
This is a sort of portal to resources for doing bioinformatics with HIV
sequences. At this point most of the materials revolve around the analysis
of a large dataset that looks at differences in HIV evolution within and
between patients. Look at the information below and follow the links to
see a wide variety of information that could be used by faculty and students
to learn more about bioinformatics.
The issue is how to share resources and yet leave space for input from
How to get started (4 suggestions):
- Get more information on the HIV problem space
- View some teaching materials that are shared here
- Read on in this page to see what types of resources are available
Jump to: Research Questions, Tools, Datasets, Classroom Activities,
Other Curricular Materials, Related Research Links
- See a complete list of the materials in the HIV problem space
How to contribute (5 opportunities):
- Get more information on collaborating with BEDROCK
- Send comments on what you find here
- Suggest some additional resources to include in this Problem Space
- Share materials you have developed
- Contact others who are interested in this dataspace
HIV Problem Space Resources
- Research Questions
- Classroom Activities
- Other Curricular Materials
- Related Research Links
- Student Work - maybe only available from curricular materials
This alleviates the need for a common interface and consistency between
resources within a problem space. The materials will be databased but
in a very simple fashion that will require lots of hand annotation but
it will get us started and show some progress. The database will be useful
not only for internal record keeping but for displaying basic information
about resources and displaying them in several formats. Still big questions
about how to incorporate other folks stuff and suggest links between resources.
|Caution: You can save bookmarks
to specific things, but many of the particular addresses will be
changing as we reorganize our web site. If you have difficulty finding
a particular address please remember to check back here for an updated
link. If you find a broken link within our pages please let us know.
All you need to do is send the URL that didn't work and we will
check it out. Thanks.
What to do with URL's and Bibliographies:
One way would be to go with something like dmoz or the bibliography thing
that Chip had. Alternatively we could just have a master links and bibliography
page for the problem space. Issues include when you want to include it
in several problem spaces and when folks just want to find certain ones.
Really need to be databased to do it right.
Formats for data files
HIV data resources
HIV dentist case???